Sunday, June 27, 2010

Finding Shangri-La Was Easy, but Getting There...Not So Much

Despite having declared that any new posts on this blog will be related to my increasingly difficult goal of moving to NYC (which these days just seems to grow more improbable with every day that passes), I've decided that doing this would just impose unwanted limits on what I write about--and since I simply can not have limitations in order for me to actually write, limitations are out the window. What was I thinking.

So there it is. I'm back to writing about whatever it is that pops into my brain. My reader base, of course, most likely consists of me, myself, and I. And I'm perfectly fine with that.

Next week, I will be going on a trip to Denver, Colorado, for a few days. Then I'm driving to Grand Lake, also in Colorado, where my girlfriend's parents live.

I'm really looking forward to photographing all the beautiful scenery there.

In other news, Forbes recently put a map up online that shows where people are moving to these days. The one below is for Los Angeles, CA. Red lines mean outward movement, black lines mean inward movement (the page/graphic has since been removed).

The story was pretty much the same in nearly all the U.S. cities. Inward movement to New York City is pretty much drenched in black. Yeah. No surprise there, for me anyway. I get it people. I just wonder why I never meet any of you. Not one person I know comes close to 'getting it' in terms of my desire to relocate there. Oh yeah, wait...that's because they've all already moved or are in the process of moving, apparently.

Here's the link for those of you who are curious to see what it shows about other places.

I'm stuck here with everyone else who, for some unfathomable reason, actually like living here in SoFla, where it's always summer.

One of my favorite books has a line that claims, "when you really want something, the whole universe conspires" to make it come true. Now, that's a lovely idea from an awesome fictional story, but it seems that I am apparently the exception to that rule in real life. But, it is a nice thought, and who knows, maybe someday I'll look back and find that it's true.

Well, that's it for today. Signing off, drinking the rest of my espresso, and reminding pushing myself to keep my chin upand keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment