Friday, April 10, 2009

Three Things...Many Things


It might be that today is payday Friday that I feel compelled to mention how much I love the selection at the Crown Wine & Spirits closest to my apartment.

I'm honestly like a little kid at that M&M store in Times Square (above, a google street view pic BTW) whenever I'm in that store.

I merely stopped in for a new tin of Arturo Fuente Cubanitos and ended up spending $60 on beer, more beer, and what I think may be the Holy Grail of $5 wines. I got to taste it at the counter and it's damn good, for $5 mind you. I might pay $12-$15 for it if I didn't know how much it cost.

In the immortal words of Napoleon Dynamite, "yessssssssss."

I'm such a sucker for impulse items.

At this moment, there are three other things I'm really loving and appreciating (in bold italics below):

Having a really attractive girl check me out and smile at me, as she's pulls up next to my car at the light. Both of our windows are down, I'm smoking a stogie listening to Sinatra's Summerwind, and she's smoking a cig (can do without that, but you can't have everything right...I mean, where would you put it all).

I play it coy for a few moments and pretend I don't notice. I look over again, and she's still staring.

"Nice" I think to myself, as I put on my best bedroom eyes look and smile back.

Being a single man, I have an especially weak-willed disposition when it comes to attractive women that dig me. I can't help it. It's in my genes.

Have I mentioned that one of the surnames in my ancestry happens to be Casanova? Well, there you go. See, it's not my fault!

Plus, I am kind of a big deal and all.

Somehow, I don't think any of those reasons convinced anyone, but hey, I gave it a shot.

Anyway, I get home and pull up my iTunes, hit the iTunes DJ option, and on comes Dave Matthews Band's song Say Goodbye.

I just love it...

So I'm kicking back drinking a really great German beer, Warsteiner, and relaxing to one of my favorite DMB songs.

Payday Fridays are the two best days of every month, I tell ya (Thanksgiving and Christmas being the exception).

I think I'll light up another stogie now.

To anyone who stops by to read my drivel, have a fantastic weekend!

8 comments:

  1. There's an M & M World?!?! I'm packing my bags now~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warsteiner, eh? I'll have to give it a try...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog has a nice look to it. I especially like the header.

    What wine did you buy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment Ian, really appreciate it. The wine was called Oak Vineyards and it was a Cabernet Sauvignon. There are plenty of higher quality wines out there, but I thought for low cost, this one was relatively good. Was a good value for what I paid, IMO...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a great blog. So light and gave me a wonderful chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for that Marg! Knowing that people like reading it makes me want to spend more time on it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aah, your obsession with NYC only makes mine worse! I only recently finished my supply of treats from M&M world. Very charming blog entry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Danielle, always nice to hear from you. I think we're enabling each other's obsessions with NYC, aye? ;o)

    ReplyDelete