Monday, October 5, 2009

Coming Up for Air!

It's been about 2.5 weeks since I returned from my trip to NYC, and I'm really just now starting to come out of the recovery of returning to South Florida.

The first thing I needed when I returned was time to rest, as my body was literally pushed to its limits while I was in The City. I came home exhausted, both mentally and physically. But, I was determined to squeeze everything I could out of my time there.

I had an overwhelming desire to experience each day to the fullest. It was like not being satisfied with a bone-in-ribeye steak, but also wanting to suck the marrow out of the bone; and I very much wanted to suck the marrow out of my time there. I think I literally must have walked the equivalent of at least 50 miles. By the second day, my left calf was cramping badly and I could barely walk; but I still pressed on.

I snapped off about 800+ photos in 4 days. About half of those were probably duplicates, though. I like to take several shots of each subject, just in case. Check the photo stream on the top right to see them. So far I have about half uploaded.

I also returned to work with over 200+ emails to read and/or respond to and follow-up on. Between my recovery and trying to catch up on work, it's been a crazy busy few weeks! I'm actually still very busy with work, but I'm caught up just enough to take a moment and breathe. I'm currently in the middle of an intensive analysis for Operations Reviews on behalf of a few online travel sites. Without getting into it too much, part of what I do at my day job is to identify ways to improve business performance via data analysis and consultation. My responsibilities fall primarily within the Travel Industry.

Hopefully, I'll be able to post a few entries relating to my recent trip to Manhattan. Until then, enjoy the photos!

2 comments:

  1. Funny that.
    I was just thinking about you this afternoon wondering whether you made it back from the city or if I needed send out a call for rescue!
    :-)

    Going to check out your photos (as they are always great). Welcome back. You've been missed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to post the award you can just click on the image, select copy and then paste it to your desktop or folder or whatever. Then go to your blog's Layout function, select Add gadget, select Picture and then add the image from your computer. If that doesn't work, just mail me and I'll explain another way :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete