Friday, February 13, 2009

Home Is Where the Heart Is


New York City is my favorite place in the world.

I'm obsessed with the place.

I haven't been to enough places outside the U.S. to say it will always be my favorite; but I can't imagine any place on earth being quite like NYC, no matter how wonderful a place it may be.

When I say New York City, I mean Manhattan, of course. Not that I dislike the other boroughs, but Manhattan is like the beautiful woman in a room of plain Janes. You would 'do' the others, but she's the one you really want to focus your attention on.

For me, NYC is like your favorite toy that captured all of your attention on Christmas morning when you were a kid. Except I never get tired of her.

I get as excited to see her as I've ever gotten to see anyone.

But alas, I don't live there unfortunately. I know my way around the place as if I did though. She just makes sense to me.

Maybe someday I'll have the balls to just pick up go...
(Picture taken by me, Sept. 2008.)

No comments:

Post a Comment