Thursday, March 26, 2009

Champagne and Waterfalls

This is a photo I took just before dusk while on a Champagne and Waterfalls cruise around Manhattan, circa September 2008.

As hoity-toity as I can be sometimes, I'm apparently not sophisticated enough to really appreciate modern art displays like this. I mean, it was somewhat interesting and all. I didn't dislike it, per se. But it didn't stir the type of reaction I would get when observing something like a colorful impressionist piece painted by Monet, for example.

I think I may have enjoyed it more if I could've gone swimming underneath the waterfall itself (though I doubt I would want to swim in the East River, so nevermind!).

That said, it actually was more interesting when the light illuminated the whitewater flow from the man-made waterfall at night. The water had a luminescant glow next to the surrounding darkness under the Brooklyn Bridge, which I thought was a nice visual.

I think they were taken down in October 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment