Monday, March 23, 2009

Viva Las Vegas

That saying "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" sure is a catchy phrase, and it really caught on a few years back. It's a nice marketing slogan, but unfortunately for this guy, sometimes the slogan doesn't ring true.

This photo is from a Vegas trip I took with a few friends in 2005. I don't know who this guy is, but he was sitting there completely drunk in a dark, hidden corner, away from people and away from all the nightlife action. Apparently, he had seen plenty of action prior to squating in this desolate spot.

My friends stayed at the New York, New York right on the strip, and I stayed at the Orleans, about a mile off the strip. The Orleans was a good bargain, and a nice enough place too; but I should've stayed closer to the action on the strip. There was always some interesting adventure to get into there.

We stayed for 4 nights, which is really about 48 hours too long if you ask me. Don't get me wrong, it was fun and all -- it's just that being on the back end of my thirty-something days, Sin City did a good job kicking my ass.

It really is like a sex or gambling addict's Disney World for adults. It's also like your crack addict, prostitute sister's shangri-la. I happen to be perfectly fine with anyone who is, or aspires to be either one, but for context's sake, there you go.

One thing's for sure -- gotta love the super-cheap buffets!

No comments:

Post a Comment