Thursday, March 19, 2009

"Uhhh Negative, I Am A Meat Popsicle..."

Being the hopeless romantic that I am, I usually like to watch the sunset atop really tall buildings when I travel. I think I took this at the top of the Rock.

Much to my dismay, the place was packed with tourists. But, I claimed my spot and held it for a while as dusk settled in.

"How beautiful," I thought to myself. Then I looked around at the ridiculous mob of human bodies all around me and thought, "this is why I don't do the typical NYC tourist attractions!"

Guess I should've done this on a Wednesday or something.

Then again, knowing certain spots in NYC, it would still be just as polluted with the ever-present gaggles of carbon-based meat popsicles from around the world.

6 comments:

  1. What a stunning sunset! I guess it was worth it to face the crowds up there to get such an amazing shot. The colors are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it was definitely worth it for me :o)

    In fact, I make it a point to watch the sunset whenever I can. Especially if I have access to a place where I know I'll be able to see it in a 'panoramic' setting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes... the tourists are sometimes a curse. Good thing about living here is that you can pic a totally perfect midweek day with a -10 degree wind chill factor and go do things like this... LOL.

    I'm long overdue for a visit to the Empire State Building though... I'm not great with lines...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I hate lines too...last time I went online to get tix, and they let me right through, passing everyone in what seemed like a neverending line. was lovin that...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to NYC for the first time ever about a month ago, what with it being a bit of a trek from London. We were so fortunate not to be mobbed at the top of the rock, and caught an amazing sunset too.

    It's such an incredibly city, I can't believe I only had 3 days to experience it. I expect you need a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean. I go as much as I can, but typcially can only stay a few days since lodging is too expensive to stay much longer than that. I definitely think you're right about needing a lifetime to really experience it holistically.

    ReplyDelete